It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Gitsplitta's Latest Projects (11/1: new marine!) 

Been working on this a long while. Another rescue project. Multi-melta hatch is scratch built and removable.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I decided to turn this into a "latest projects" blog rather than just the MW. Especially now that I'm all over the board when it comes to what I'm painting.

Since the Land Raider, here's what's gone on...

Picked up a couple of cheap or bikes (which I run as Nob bikes) and "rescued" them (partial re-build & repaint).

Used an old metal Snake Bite clan runt herd to make a Nob for my grot bikes using an old, plastic ork bike.

Cobbled together a gun servitor out of bits, including a broken, old, Epic Land Raider for a DakkaDakka competition. The servitor is on a separate small base so he can be used legally.

Started a major touch-up / re-paint / paint of a Grey Knight army I picked up a while back. Will probably sell when complete.
Rhino:

Dreadnought:

Land Raider:

Made a Necron Objective for my son's army.

Back to the orks... converted a Big Choppa for one of the nob bikes.

Touched up all the GK infantry... here's the commander Captain Blackhand.

My buddy Chris (from whom I got the army) made a Dread Knight conversion based on a Dreadnaught chassis. It didn't turn out the way he wanted, but I did my best when it came to painting and posing.

Back to the Mantis Warriors... got a couple of Thunderfire Cannons done. One a rescue.

Over to the orks... I decided that the regular boy heads weren't really good enough on the "nob" bikes, so I took a bunch of nob heads from various manufacturers and swapped them out. I like the random themes of the heads.

And the squad as a whole...

I then decided to add another Big Choppa.

I entered another competition on dakka. This one required using a standard Cadian with NO modification. The competition was really stiff including a couple of professional painters. I decided to go for style points and originality and came up with this. Took third, which was really amazing given the level of competition.

Made some objectives for our Adepticon team.

The guys wanted them a bit more customized to the armies, so I started fiddling...
Have a Tau fire warrior to add to one of the remaining pylons and they'll be all set.

Lastly, I've been working on some Necron Tomb Blades... in part because I need them for Adepticon, also because I just love the figures.

That brings you up to date! Hope you like them. :)

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 am
Site Admin

Great stuff as always Art! :mrgreen:

By rescue, do you mean you saved the minis from being abused or neglected? Did Sarah McLachlan sing the "In the arms of an Angel"? Did I miss the late night guilt commericial? j/k

"For only 140 bucks a month, you too can save these neglected minis from bad primer overspray, and weak sauce paint/hobby skillz". With your donation we will send you a picture with your rescued mini and a rubber key chain with Games Workshop on it."

Again, it looks awesome. Keep it up. :D

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for the really big smile on my face right now Jar... it's been a long day, I needed it.

More to come. Still all over the board. Orks, MW's, GKs... God only knows what else.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Last task before Adepticon. Customized one of the team objective markers for wyfox's Tau army.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:56 am

Been a long time away... but I'm back now. Finished the first figure I've painted in many months. Good to be back in the swing of things. This is another in a long line of marines for trading with other painters who send me a marine from their chapter. I use these trades to experiment with various things... this one worked out particularly well. This is my "modern" i.e. post-crusade Mantis Warrior color scheme. Green with purple being the major second color and touches of red. The classic yellow has been replaced by gold.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:47 am
Site Admin

I'm not going to lie, I'm diggin' the purple. :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

So far it's gotten resounding approval from all quarters. Thanks for the comment Jar!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:11 am

I managed to talk Rudy out of his nicely painted Deff Dread. I fiddled with it just a bit without changing the paint scheme. Mainly edge highlighting and re-basing.

The story goes that the Dread was part of a Frost Bite Klan raiding party when they got ambushed by an Imperial air attack wing. The dread was damaged, putting it's occupant into a coma while the rest of the Klan's forces were driven off. After months in this comatose state, the Dread was discovered by some grot scavengers who while trying to rip parts off of it, managed to send an electric feedback pulse through the dread, waking the pilot. Rather than trying to find his way back to his Klan's base (wayyyyyyyy to the north), he decided to throw in with the local Bad Moons. His unusually painted Dread & his tale of survival making him something of a hero amongst his new companions. They call him... "Da Blue Maxx".

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17